Our rules are simple:
1) Submitted scripts must be original screenplays, and the sole property of the applicant(s). Screenplays submitted must not have been previously sold or produced. Adapted or based on screenplays are also accepted. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to register their screenplay and secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted screenplay. All entrants, including the nominees and winners, retain complete and exclusive rights to their work.
2) All ages are eligible, and you can submit from any country.
3) All entries must be in English.
4) We accept screenplays between 1-140 pages in length. For scripts over 140 pages, you would need to pay an additional fee.
5) There is no limit to the number of screenplays you may submit.
6) All entries must be uploaded in PDF/FDX format. Contact details or names are allowed to be on the title page.
7) All screenplays should be written in industry standard format (Courier 12 pt font).
8) Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entry screenplay(s) are not encouraged. However, should you resubmit, please note that ONLY ONE resubmission is possible (you would need to pay an additional fee) and that you may do so no later than 40 days before the deadline.
9) Competition judges, readers and employees of our competition, past and present, and their immediate friends and families, are NOT eligible to enter. Previous winning and finalist scripts are also NOT eligible.
10) Entries must be received on or before the deadlines and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable and we do not provide any feedback (except for paid feedback).
11) By entering The Golden Script Competition you agree to all the rules listed. Regardless of your status (winner or nominee), please note that your script, logline and contact information may be shared with our partners and sponsors, and by submitting you agree with that. You also agree to release and hold harmless The Golden Script Competition and its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s entry, participation in the contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of the prize.
The Golden Script 2021 Edition NOMINEES will be announced on the 5th of June, 2021.
Each year at the end of July, we promote our best scripts in the competition by creating a list called a Golden List. We make the list available to producers/directors who can find more information about the scripts there, with the option to request them. Please note that except from our partners and our direct contacts, no one will be able to read the scripts without the writers' consent.
There will be quarter-finalists, semifinalists and finalists out of which a second runner up, a runner up and a WINNER will be designated. Only one script from each category can win THE GOLDEN SCRIPT award.
THE GOLDEN SCRIPT WINNER - Trophy + Award Certificate + 1 InkTip Package worth $100 + 1yr ISAConnect Membership worth $100 + Unlimited Subscription @ Filmarket Hub + 1 Free WriterDuet license + 1yr Screenwriting Staffing Membership worth $130 + GUARANTEED Golden List Inclusion
THE SILVER SCRIPT WINNER (Runner Up) - Trophy + Award Certificate + 1 InkTip Package worth $100 + 1yr Subscription @ Filmarket Hub worth $90 + 1 Free WriterDuet license + 6mo Screenwriting Staffing Membership worth $80 + GUARANTEED Golden List Inclusion
THE BRONZE SCRIPT WINNER (Second Runner Up) - Trophy + Award Certificate + 1 InkTip Package worth $100 + 6mo Subscription @ Filmarket Hub worth $60 + 6mo Screenwriting Staffing Membership worth $80 + GUARANTEED Golden List Inclusion
THE GOLDEN SCRIPT WINNER (1st Place) - Trophy + Award Certificate + 1yr ISAConnect Membership worth $100 + 1 Free WriterDuet license + 1yr Screenwriting Staffing Membership worth $130 + GUARANTEED Golden List Inclusion
THE BRONZE SCRIPT WINNER (Second Runner Up) - 6mo Screenwriting Staffing Membership worth $80 - Trophy + Award Certificate + GUARANTEED Golden List Inclusion
FINALISTS - Award Certificate + Golden List Inclusion (if placed on the 4th, 5th or 6th place)
THE GOLDEN TV SCRIPT WINNER (1st Place) - Trophy + Award Certificate + 1yr ISAConnect Membership worth $100 + 1 Yearly ScreenwritingStaffing Membership worth $130 + 1 InkTip Package worth $100 + Unlimited Subscription @ Filmarket Hub + 1 Free WriterDuet license + 1yr Screenwriting Staffing Membership worth $130 + GUARANTEED Golden List Inclusion
THE SILVER TV SCRIPT WINNER (Runner Up) - Trophy + Award Certificate +1 InkTip Package worth $100 + 1 Free WriterDuet license + 6mo Screenwriting Staffing Membership worth $80 + GUARANTEED Golden List Inclusion
FINALISTS - Award Certificate + Golden List Inclusion (if placed on the 4th to 9th place)
INT. COMPETITION RULES - DAY
1. HOW WE COLLECT(ED) YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect(ed) your email information when you submit(ed) a script to us or when you sign(ed) up to our newsletter;
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT(ED)
We collect(ed) information that was necessary to contact you with results of your submissions; or to inform you of our upcoming competition deadlines and programmes. The information in our database is limited to emails.
3. WHY WE COLLECT(ED) YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We use the information we hold about you for a number of purposes including to provide information you have asked for, to provide a service you have requested from us, to request additional information from you and to inform you of special offers.
We keep your personal information as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above or until you unsubscribe. In any newsletter or mail out you will always be offered the opportunity to unsubscribe.
4. WE’LL NEVER SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
The Golden Script Competition will not and has never shared, sold or otherwise make available your personal information to third parties.
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to the personal information we hold and are using. To exercise your rights, please use the contact details provided under the ‘Contact Us about your personal information’ section below.
Your rights include asking for a copy of the information we hold about you, having any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, or to request that we stop emailing you. (The option to unsubscribe will always be evident on our mail-outs)
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Golden Script Competition is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
7. CHANGES TO THIS DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
We will keep this data protection notice under review and will let you know about any changes made to it by email. The latest version of this notice will always appear on this page.
8. CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries, exercise your rights or make a complaint in relation to our use of your email address, you may contact us to the following address: contact[at]thegoldenscript.net